Served with Parmesan Polenta
Sheet Pan Cauliflower, Tomato, Kale and Pancetta with Parmesan Polenta
- 12 by 16-inch rimmed baking pan
- 1 medium cauliflower or 6 cups bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 packed cups coarsely chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic about 4 to 6 cloves
- 1 cup 4 ounces diced pancetta
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste plus additional for serving
- Smoked paprika if desired
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove cauliflower florets from core and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place on a large (about 12 by 16-inch) rimmed baking pan; toss with 4 teaspoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes and 2 teaspoons olive oil in medium bowl. Stir cauliflower with metal spatula and add tomatoes to same pan. Continue roasting 20 minutes. Toss kale, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and pancetta in medium bowl and add to roasting pan. Continue roasting until cauliflower begins to brown, tomatoes begin to burst and kale is wilted and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare instant polenta according to package directions. Add butter and Parmesan to taste, season with salt and pepper. If polenta is too firm, add warm water to achieve desired consistency.
- Divide polenta among serving dishes, top evenly with roasted vegetable-pancetta mixture, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika, if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
NOTE: Pancetta can be omitted for a vegetarian option.