Seasonal spices, red cranberries and green pepitas carry out the Christmas theme, but my family loves this granola all year long. It is so easy to mix up and quick to bake that I keep a supply on hand for my crew to sprinkle on yogurt, mix into oatmeal or for a desk-side snack any time of day. And a jar of homemade granola tied with a cute ribbon makes an easy homemade gift to share with friends and neighbors or for a more personal holiday hostess gift in place of a the usual bottle of wine.
- parchment paper
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup raw pecan halves
- ½ cup raw shelled pistachios,
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup avocado oil see NOTE
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, pepitas, nuts, spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir together oil, maple syrup and vanilla and add to oat mixture, stirring until oats, nuts and seeds are evenly coated. Pour out mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly. Bake in the center of the preheated oven until golden brown and toasted, 21 to 23 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- Remove pan to cooling grid and sprinkle granola with cranberries. Cool completely, then break up into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
- Makes 7 to 8 cups granola.
As we greet this day Lord, be with us in our waking, our working and our rest. Help us to be strengthen by your spirit that we may please you in all that we do. Amen.