A mix of fresh berries tossed into this whole wheat, honey-sweetened bread makes for an all-in-one breakfast or an amazing snack
Triple Berry Whole Wheat Bread with Honey-Orange Glaze
Bread is even better the day after it is baked!!!
- 8-1/2 by 4-1/2-inch loaf pan
- 2-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup each blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.; grease an 8-1/2 by 4-1/2-inch loaf pan with softened butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, coconut sugar and honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixed, scraping the side of the bowl as necessary. Beat in milk, orange zest and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until blended. Gently stir in berries with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the center of the oven for 60 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make glaze, stir together honey and orange juice. Brush over loaf and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Makes 1 loaf.
If the top of the bread appears too dark before center is fully baked, place aluminum foil lightly on surface of loaf toward the end of baking to prevent over browning.